WE NEED YOUR HELP TO HELP OTHERS. Our food distribution project is working very well with many new families and individuals being referred for help; to the point we need to appeal for more donations to share.
People can either drop these in the donation boxes at Sainsbury A10 or Lancaster Road branches or deliver direct to the Centre. If you cannot deliver contact us and we will try and collect. We have some large families on our list as well as single women and those sheltering.
People can donate to the fund for this by Via JustGiving on Facebook – by clicking on http://www.justgiving.com/enfieldwomenscentre
When buying things in packs – rice, pasta, etc. please buy in packs no more than 2kg – it is easier to distribute to families than large bags of pasta, rice etc. Whilst we can deliver to families the large sacks are difficult. We can share the same weight in goods amongst families – we make sure all families receive goods weekly. Some people still insist on coming to the Centre personally so smaller packs are also easier for them to carry. Our clients consist of families with children and also older folk or single people who are all vulnerable/isolated for a range of reasons.
- Canned meats & fish – Stews, curries, etc. corned beef, hotdogs (packets too), ham, Spam, Fray Bentos pies, Canned chili (meat or veg), steak and minced beef. Fish; tuna, sardines, salmon, mackerel, pilchards, anchovies
- Quorn products and similar, cauliflower rice
- Pastas (all sorts), noodles, Cous cous, Lentils, Rice including
Microwave rice packs (variety),
- Instant mash
- Coffee (inc. decaf), Tea, hot chocolate
- Canned veg – beans (all kinds), peas, corn, carrots, tomatoes, chickpeas, spinach etc.
- Canned spaghetti, Spaghetti hoops, Ravioli, Macaroni cheese, Beans & sausages, etc.
- Canned fruit; peaches, pears, apples, fruit cocktail, prunes, strawberries, mandarin segments, grapefruit, pineapple
- Canned custard (also cartons)
- Milk – evaporated and condensed, long life, semi skimmed & whole, lactose free, powdered milk
- Fruit juices. Squashes – low sugar if possible
- Salt & pepper, other seasonings – small pots for sharing, gravy granules
- Mayo, ketchup, brown sauce, salad cream, pickles, etc.
- Jars of Sauces for pastas, curries, casseroles, cooking oils, etc.
- Jams and marmalade and other spreads – including sandwich spread
- Biscuits lunch time snack type things
- Cereals (no bran at present) tiddler snacks /biscuits
- Nappies, baby wipes, talcum powder, nappy cream, baby shampoo and bath Shampoo
- Toilet roll, Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower gels, Soap, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Talcum powder, Washing up liquid, Hand soaps, Soap & fabric conditioner – must be non-bio, Toilet roll, Kitchen towel, cotton wool, plasters, cotton buds, sanitary pads,
- Cat and dog food – dried/tins/pouches
Not included in the lists are items for treats for children –
biscuits, bars, sweets and other snack type items. Essential for busy and frazzled mums and stir-crazy kids.
Babies – nappies – all sizes, baby wipes, nappy cream, baby shampoo, talcum, baby oil, baby formula, cereals, foods, snacks
Toiletries, tooth pastes, toothbrushes, soaps, hand soaps, shampoo, shower gels, deodorant, hand creams, cotton buds, cottonwool, plasters, sanitary items
Enfield Women’s Centre
Raise money, support your friends, give to a cause. Show you care.